Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nydia I Sanchez
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sanchez is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Sanchez has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Me needing to lose weight became the topic of discussion during the visit, but that's not even why I made an appointment. I had other gastric issues that I came in for. She did most of the talking. Didn't ask me questions just pretty much assumed since I was overweight I ate a lot and my problems were a result of my weight.
AWFUL. Went to her for chronic abdominal pain. She spent 5 minutes with me only to tell me "well I don't know what to do about you. It's just something you'll have to live with because there's nothing I can do". Not even giving suggestions or wanting to do ANY tests. Are you serious? I've never felt more blown off by a doctor before in my entire life. Sat in the parking lot and cried. DO NOT go to her if you can control it.
Terrible physician. Waited months for an appointed, day of she called to reschedule (twice!). Finally, went into the office. Long wait time followed by appointment in which she stared at the computer screen longer than talking to me. Talked more then she asked questions. Didn't seem like she cared at all about my diagnosis. Just wanted to get out of the room and leave for the day. Very rude.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sanchez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBorland Groover Clinic, 4800 Belfort Rd, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nydia I Sanchez in this video.
Dr. Nydia I Sanchez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.