Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nyingi M Kemmer has the following 3 specialties
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis B
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I found Dr. Kemmer to be extremely professional and personable. First and foremost, Dr Kemmer is a highly regarded physician among her colleagues and staff. Her name was the first to be mentioned by several of my specialists, when asked who they would suggest I see for my liver issues. I also work in a medical practice and we have patients who are employees of TGMG and they speak nothing but praise and state that she is very knowledgeable, detailed and actually will listen to what her patients have to say. As far as my personal experience with Dr. Kemmer, it has been nothing short of beneficial and informative. I found her to be extremely professional and personable. Her bedside manner may be slightly different than that of other doctors, but nothing that could be misconstrued as negative or rude. In fact, she was always very pleasant, straight forward and to the point during my visits and not once did I feel my appointment was being rushed. Any questions or concerns were always happily addressed and explanations were detailed. Her use of traffic analogies makes for a perfect way to explain your liver issues and is easy for anyone to understand. So far, I’ve been most impressed with her thoroughness and her objectiveness regarding my test results and final diagnosis. While my GI seemed to base his diagnosis solely on my biopsy results, Dr Kemmer’s was substantiated using the imaging, lab work and speaking with IR resulting in a slightly different dx. She is also following me more closely with quarterly labs instead of biannually. Most importantly, I am comfortable around her and believe I am in capable hands. As her patient, I feel VERY confident in her ability to treat and care for me. She is the type of doctor you would definitely want to use for liver issues and to have as part of your care team. .
Dr. Kemmer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Nyingi M Kemmer accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTgmg Bayshore, 409 Bayshore Blvd, Tampa, FL
Dr. Nyingi M Kemmer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.