Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oakley C Jordan Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Oakley C Jordan Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Oakley C Jordan Jr has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 17
My mother was a patient of Dr. Jordan for years. i would highly recommend him, best doctor every. He took time with us and gave me his cell number for me to call him anytime. When she died at home the police called in at 6:30 am on his cell and he answered, knew who mother was and said he expected it. He had saw mother 11 days before she died. Great Doctor and staff.
I LOVE HIM AS A DOCTOR , U HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO SEE HIM BUT HE IS WORTH THE DAY TO SEE HIM. U CAN NOT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE WHEN HE DOES SEE U HE TAKES UP AS MUCH TIME WITH YOU AS IT TAKES, AND MAKES U FEEL LIKE HE CARES ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. MY ONLY PROBLEM HIS THE PEOPLE THAT WORK WITH HIM. THEY HAVE]\ NO PEOPLE SKILLS AT ALL...THEY ALL REALLY ACT LIKE THEY DO NOT LIKE THEIR JOBS AND THEY LET U KNOW IT AS SOON AS YOU WALK IN THE DOOR.I WISH HE COULD FIND A STAFF WITH HIS PERSONALITY
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
43 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Oakley C Jordan Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Oakley C Jordan Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.