Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Oana M Petrescu
Dr. Oana M Petrescu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Seattle, WA (and 5 other locations). She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Petrescu is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center-Cherry Hill Campus. Dr. Petrescu has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Oana M Petrescu has the following 2 specialties
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Oana M Petrescu has the following 21 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Diseases
- Holter monitoring
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Oana M Petrescu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 10
This s the absolut worst place to get in to get an appointment i have ever had to deal with 7 times I have had staff members be very confrontational. on top of this i have faxed my medicl release forms to this office 5 times only to tell me they never got them. HUMM we send over 300 faxes out of this office a day never had an Issue!!! they say they will call you back and give you there personal Fax Number Yeah thanks 2 days later!!! OOOHH and the one i really love is taking you appointment then saying we hhave to cancel until we get your Medical records REALLY!!! 7 weeks later.still no Appointment!!!this doctor has Huge ratings but her staff is much to be desired.this is something i will tell everybody about on our campus of 70,000 strong and i will yelp this to all.i have never had such a problem in my life only to have the last phone call with the staff member YELING at me at telling me it's my fault. GREAT CUTOMER SERVICE THUMBS UP ON THAT ONE CALL.
For those unfamiliar to the Seattle area, "Swedish" refers to her hospital, not her ethnicity.I asked my primary care physician to recommend a new cardiologist. The man I was seeing was highly regarded, but had an old-school tendency to walk away without responding to my questions. Dr. Petrescu is very approachable, and treats me as an equal rather than someone who might waste too many of her valuable minutes. She is clear without talking down to me. Best of all, my primary care physician, who I trust immensely, recommends her for her skill (and I am at risk). It's good to be in safe, comfy hands.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Petrescu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Oana M Petrescu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Access PPO
- Omni PPO
- Options Federal
- Options PPO
- Overlake Employees
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Oana M Petrescu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.