Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Obioma I Nwobi
Dr. Obioma I Nwobi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL, with another office in Miami, FL. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Pediatrics. Dr. Nwobi is affiliated with Emory University Hospital and The Medical Center Navicent Health. He speaks English.
Dr. Obioma I Nwobi has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Bedwetting (Enuresis)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Failure (Chronic Renal Insufficiency)
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Nwobi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Nigeria
Graduated in 1990
Suny Health Science Center At Brooklyn
Dr. Obioma I Nwobi accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Obioma I Nwobi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.