Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Obiora M Ekweani has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Obiora M Ekweani has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
Rudest doctor ever! Doctor learn how to listen.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Obiora M Ekweani - Posted on March 25th, 2017
Doesn't matter if you are president of clinic or employe of clinic(which he is the owner). What I care is being respectful, which you were the most disrespectful doctor that I ever seen. He even didn't let me finish my sentence when I was trying to explain my wives situation. Then after cut me while I was talking he said do you who am i? I am president of this clinic. I told him let me finish my sentence ( I was explaining my wives background on her medicine and what his employe did for my wife, but he even didn't let me finish my sentence. He said do you want to I call police? I saw my patient and I don't want to hear anything from you!!!!) Yes, this is America and I am experiencing things that I never expected to see in this country! Good Luck Mr president, learn your self how to listen to patient and if you cant get a appointment from Psychiatrist to control your anger problems. And one more thing keep in mind customer is king without Patient you are nothing.
He's the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Obiora M Ekweani - Posted on December 21st, 2016
Mismanagement and wrong lab reports
Self-verified patient of Dr. Obiora M Ekweani - Posted on September 15th, 2016
I do not recommend this doctor. The Physician Assistance are wonderful, however there is a high turn over rate, and the good ones are gone. The lab reports were mixed up. Some poor person is getting treated for a severe illness because they got my son's lab results, as his came out perfect/ He has never had a perfect outcome with his lab levels. They discontinued seeing patients on a specific insurance, without notice. This could fall under abandonment of patient. As a PCP, he has been reported to Medicaid.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Obiora M Ekweani - Posted on May 29th, 2015
Caring and Dedicated
Self-verified patient of Dr. Obiora M Ekweani - Posted on March 24th, 2015
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2017, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2017)
35 Years Experience
University Of Lagos
Graduated in 1983
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Obiora M Ekweani Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFRISCO URGENT CARE AND CLINICS, 3220 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Obiora M Ekweani, MD - Internal Medicine in Frisco, TX, in this video.
Dr. Obiora M Ekweani is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Frisco, TX.