Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Odalys Brito has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Odalys Brito has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Odalys Brito has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Odalys Brito is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I found Dr. Brito to be very pleasant, approachable, kind, understanding, compassionate but yet very professional and able to keep me focused to get our work done. I feel she is very knowledgeable in her field and really cares about me and my issues. I don't feel like just another patient or number. I would highly recommend her. I had no problem understanding her with her Latin accent either as some have stated.
Dr. Brito has to be the most unprofessional Doctor I've ever encountered. Because I questioned her approach and whether alternatives were available, she completely lost her temper. I guess a parent should blindly take her word after one visit. Her actions were completely out of line and downright embarrassing. Not only did she lose her cool, because how dare someone question the almighty Odalys Brito of Cuba, but she also did it right in front of my child. And she's a Psychiatrist? Wow... I recommend anyone contemplating using Dr. Brito, please explore all of your options.
Extremely caring and knowledgeable psychiatrist. I was actually surprised to see that anyone could possibly provide any negative feedback regarding Dr. Brito. She is one of the few physicians who actually cares about her patients and goes the extra mile in order to help. I highly recommend Dr. Brito to anyone in need of psychiatric services.
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Odalys Brito accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsOdalys Brito Md, 1301 Plantation Island Dr S Ste 201A, Saint Augustine, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Odalys Brito, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Saint Augustine, FL, in this video.
Dr. Odalys Brito is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Augustine, FL.