Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Odeane Connor
Dr. Odeane Connor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gadsden, AL, with another office in Gadsden, AL. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Pain Management and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Connor is affiliated with Gadsden Regional Medical Center, Northeast Alabama Regional Med Center and Riverview Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Odeane Connor has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
Showing 5 of 61
Doctor Connor was the only doctor that would help me with my pain after two back surgeries. I also have severe nerve damage in both feet and legs . I hope no one on the AL medical board ever have to suffer the kind of pain I do but if so I hope they can't find help for their pain so they can see how i.t feels to be in pain and no one care . Believe it or not some people are in real pain we are not DRUG SEEKERS!!!! I love Dr.Connor and she cared a lot about those of us in pain. .
After waiting 3-7 hours to see her, I thought she was great. She seemed like she truly cared. Everything was great for about 5 years until she changed my medicine (without me asking) to something that made me into a zombie. I told her about my concerns & she said I'd take it or be discharged. I took it until I found another doctor who actually listens to the effects the medication is having on your life and lowered my doses on everything & took me off Soma, which the manufactures of Soma state that it should be taken for no longer than 2 weeks. The only nice thing about that place is Sherrie. If you want to be a zoned out zombie, she's the doctor for you. If you want help with your pain & be able to have a life too -RUN!!!
Dr. Connor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Gadsden Regional Medical Center
Northeast Alabama Regional Med Center
Riverview Regional Medical Center
24 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Odeane Connor accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Odeane Connor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gadsden, AL.