Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adedapo M Oduwole has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Adedapo M Oduwole has the following 15 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Adedapo M Oduwole has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Adedapo M Oduwole is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have not been to his office mainly because I couldn't get an appt. they NEVER call you back. depression ect. are serious matters, at times life threatening. he apparently doesn't care. the one time I was able to talk to a human' not their worthless recording, I was told someone would call me to make an appt. well it's been 7 weeks. I was told to HANG IN THERE and she hung up. My family Dr. suggested someone else, got into a therapist in 4 days and had an appt. scheduled with a psychiatrist while I was there. when I told the therapist I had been in the waccamaw lighthouse place he instantly shook his head no and said that was the worst place to go to. South Carolina has thee worst mental health services ever and that's sad because depression ect. is a never ending illness that needs on going treatment. it's not like I stubbed my toe and needed a bandage. you are always told if you feel worse go to the ER. they can't help you with this, they tell you to go to your Dr. so why waste their time. again I wasn't able to get an apt, which was probably a blessing.
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Adedapo M Oduwole accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsMofdaps Comprehensive Behavioral Health Service, 1203 48th Ave N Ste 202, Myrtle Beach, SC
Dr. Adedapo M Oduwole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.