Dr. Ofelia Balmaseda Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Ofelia Balmaseda?

Nasty, hateful woman who doesn't want to help you.

Posted on February 4th, 2017

This woman actually screamed at me because she claimed that nothing was wrong with me according to some xrays. I sat there and took it, but then spoke back to her that she was wrong because I have been diagnosed and been shown evidence of what was wrong for the past ten years. She then calmed down but said she would never give me pain meds, to which I agreed because what choice do I have. I never went back, though, and never will. She actually screamed at me!

Doesn't physically examine you

Posted on December 29th, 2016

I've been going to see her for a while and usually I have to wait 1-2 hrs past my appointment time to be seen. She doesn't physically examine you. She talks to you and asks how you are. That's pretty much it.

Dr. Rude

Posted on August 19th, 2014

Rudest person I have ever met

I've seen her several times but it seems she doesn't remember the plan from one visit to the next

Posted on June 11th, 2014

I like things in black and white for instance had a mri done which showed several abnormalaties and it sounded like she had a plan to consult with a neurologist but when I came back one month later, it was as if she had no idea what I was talking about, confusing to say the least and from one month to the next she says things about the medicines she has me on as if I precribed them for myself, the wait times are long which I can endure if I am treated right and sometimes I am treated very well and other times not so well. When I asked again about seeing a Neurologist to get their opinion, she snapped at me that they would want to do surgery which she stated would make things worse which confused me since that was the reason she wanted me to get the mri in the first place I thought. I have decided to go through my family doctor and get a referral to a highly respected neurologist anyway apart from her and see what his opinion is. Another issue is the waiting room is very small and every one is crammed into it like sardines.

Horribel

Posted on April 16th, 2014

this was one of the worst doctors I ever had. Her office is a pit hole with filth and blood and dirt, she is rude, she does not listen, she prescribes way too many different medications with severe side effects, she has the attitude that a person needs her for her drugs and prescriptions, My advice steer clear and stay away!!!!!

Posted on April 10th, 2014

This doctor treats with lots of medicine and treats everyone like a drug addict. Good luck with her.

Patient and also Medical Professional

Posted on November 6th, 2013

I met this physician several years ago after being referred to her for back pain secondary to vertebrae fracture. Was having pain in lower back also and radiculopathy to one leg. She did an EMG to check for the functioning of my left leg and told me that I wasn't imagining things and definitely had damage to the nerves in my left side. Did I mention that she was being paid by workers comp? I should have because she was all sympathy and telling me that I had all these problems. Then she turned around and sent a report to the work comp people basically minimalizing everything she told me in person but still recommending treatment. Professionally and personally I find this sooooo wrong. Needless to say, I did not return to her.

Rude rude rude

Posted on April 19th, 2013

My experience With Dr. Balmaseda was one of the worst I have ever encountered. Every time I went I only saw her for a couple minutes then she was rushing me out the door. When she suggested injections to me that my insurance didn't carry she expected me to pay it out-of-pocket. When I told her that I couldn't afford it she became very angry and told me that if I didn't want to follow her exact treatment plan she would not help me anymore and discharged me that day. Every single time I spoke to her she was incredibly rude to me and very judgmental. I broke my back three years ago, and have had 12 surgeries so far, but she was very unsympathetic towards me. I would never ever recommend her to anybody.

Posted on April 1st, 2013

I was introduced to Dr. Balmaseda about 5 years ago. At that time I had been in a knee brace for 19 years, due to an injury and then having RSD in my left knee. I also had just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. In getting started with a plan to help me with Fibro, she mentioned that she could do some injections in my knee to help with the pain. It was not covered by my insurance, but after 19 years, I was willing to try anything. She did the injections on a Friday and I won't lie I was stuck in a recliner for a couple of days with very swelled knees. But, on Thursday of that week, when I woke up, I knew that I didn't have to put my brace on to walk. Did I mention, that when I say I wore a knee brace for 19 years, I mean that I had to have it on or I could not walk. My knee had the strength of a wet noodle. I haven't worn it since. Dr. Balmaseda contiues to be my Dr. for the Fibro and together we are working to find the best plan of attach for the Fibro, with the least amount of drugs.

Posted on October 2nd, 2017