More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ofelia E Marin has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I'm a nurse who had the displeasure of having to work night shift when Dr Marin was on-call for nearly two years during her pediatric residency. Her statements that she has never been rude, pushy or negative couldn't be farther from the truth. She was arrogant, rude and forceful to the point of being a bully. She did every unnecessary procedure she could con parents into giving consent for, so she could use patients as her guinea pigs. She constantly gave us wrong orders that would have been detrimental to the patient if we had followed them. Trying to get her to correct a wrong order would cause her to throw a temper tantrum. If we didn't do as we were told, we were the enemy. I came to this site out of curiosity to see if her bedside manner had improved during the last 30 years. I'm glad to hear there are people who have had good experiences with her. However, don't disregard the people who made negative comments. Her claim of "I'd never do that because I'm a Christian" is offensive. I'm appalled that she thinks the way I have seen her interact with people is even acceptable, let alone "Christian."
35 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Ofelia E Marin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBobbi Jo Hopkins Md, 2600 Immokalee Rd, Naples, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ofelia E Marin in this video.
Dr. Ofelia E Marin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naples, FL.