Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ofer M Feder
Dr. Ofer M Feder, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Feder is affiliated with Memorial Regional Medical Center. Dr. Feder has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ofer M Feder has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
- Celiac Disease
- Digestive System Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Feder was very patient and informative, and I liked his thorough approach -- he asked me a lot of questions about how I was feeling, my past health issues, etc. Although our appointment started a few minutes late, he didn't make me feel rushed. He took the time to make eye contact and really converse with me (unlike some doctors who just stare at your charts and ask questions without looking up, making me feel like they are in a big hurry). He explained to me what was happening, why, and what the next steps were. I trusted in his diagnosis and treatment and have not experienced any further GI issues since then by following his advice. Overall, I would highly recommend Dr. Feder as a caring and skilled doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Feder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Ofer M Feder accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Endoscopy Group, 2369 Staples Mill Rd Ste 100, Richmond, VA
Dr. Ofer M Feder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.