Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ofer A Werthaim
Dr. Ofer A Werthaim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Brunswick, NJ. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Werthaim is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Werthaim has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ofer A Werthaim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ofer A Werthaim has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ofer A Werthaim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 13
I have been to Dr. Wertheim's "Doctors Care Clinic" about 5 times in the past 2 years. I transferred all my medical records from another private practice doctor because Dr. Wertheim's "Doctor's Care Clinic" is open 365 days a year and my other doctor wanted to keep 9 to 5 hours. Sometimes I see Dr. Wertheim and other times I see Physician Assistants. It depends on what I'm there for. There's also a Dr. Chalabra who seems competent, but who has a very "blah" personality while Dr. Werthaim has a great personality and bedside manner. Also, the PA's are great too. But what is also really great is the staff. If you need them to send you something or to call in a prescription or to advise of a process, they are helpful. Many other doctor's offices have staff who think they are doing you a favor by helping you. So I would recommend Dr. Werthaim and his office to anyone.
It was a weekend with no place to go, my doctor's office was closed,I was very sick and I went to Doctor's Care Center in East Brunswick and they took me right in. I saw the medical director, Dr. Werthaim who was kind, personable and knowledgable and he treated my infection in no time I was better. I waited less than 15 minutes total, WOW! Great Experience
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Werthaim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Overlook Medical Center
Dr. Ofer A Werthaim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDoctors Care Center, 579 Cranbury Rd Ste A, East Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ofer A Werthaim, MD - Internal Medicine in East Brunswick, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Ofer A Werthaim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.