Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. M O Maung has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. M O Maung has the following 9 expertise
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Failure
Dr. M O Maung has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
He is great for treating colds, flu, and so forth. But, he doesn't run all the test necessary to find out WHY you are experiencing stress, anxiety, and sleep problems. He needs to get to the root of the matter like other doctors do. All test are not within normal range. His office charts are not accurate and detailed. He didn't want to get involved in work comp cars our disability cases. He is to vague with his notes. He needs to explore options fire getting well and staying well.
Dr. Maung is an well educated and skilled doctor with great empathy and communications skills. The ONNLY drawback is that is offic is still stuck in the 19th century, with no computer and no ability to take credit card payments (cash or check only). However, this issue is supposed to be resolved in July, 2012.
Dr. Maung is an excellent Dr. I am a retired nurse and I feel very confidnent with his diagnosis and treatment for me and my husband.We are both heart patient's and he takes time to explain the medications we are taking and explains the lab test results.He is very easy to talk to. He get's an A+ from me and my husband.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Institute Of Medicine Mandalay
Graduated in 1985
New York Hospital
Dr. M O Maung accepts the following insurance providers.
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. M O Maung in this video.
Dr. M O Maung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galax, VA.