Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oji J Joseph has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 7
I have blood pressure issues and had to be under observation overnight for chest pains. My Doctor wanted Chemical Stress done so he referred me to Dr. Joseph. I only met him on the day of the procedure. When he came in the nuclear department, he asked me a few questions, listened to my heart, while the staff was busy injecting medicines in my veins. While the test was going on, while I was experiencing the effects of the chemical stress test, this Doctor was on the table, writing on my chart and didn't even check on me or look at the monitor. It was the cardiopulmonary lady who was beside me all the time asking if I was feeling okay. This test really makes your heart feel so weird. When it was over, about 2 minutes, This doctor DIDN'T even ask how I felt. He thanked the staff and LEFT! Talking about patient care. Just because I was not his regular patient, I didn't matter.
Marshall University School Of Medicine
Dr. Oji J Joseph accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeart & Vascular, 1136 Bryn Mawr Ave, Lake Wales, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Oji J Joseph in this video.
Dr. Oji J Joseph is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Wales, FL.