Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Okanta B Jackson has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Okanta B Jackson has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Okanta B Jackson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I have been going to Dr. Jackson for years, but I am becoming less and less satisfied with his service. He misdiagnosed me and became quite aggressive when confronted. He made me feel like it was my fault that he was wrong. His justifications just went on and on. Sometimes I feel very white in an heavily black staffed office. I am not racist, but I would prefer some racial balance. I will probably change doctors because of the misdiagnosis and his defensiveness.
Dr Jackson did a good job of cutting out 3 cancerous lesions, however, he sent me 3 miles across Tallahassee to be sewn up by another doctor. When I questioned this practice I was told Dr Jackson did not sew up any of his patients. I also had pointed out a lesion on my face two separate times to Dr Jackson and he said it was an age spot. I went to another dermatologist one month later who saw the lesion and took a biopsy which came back as basil cell. I did not care for Dr Jackson's superior attitude.
This was my first visit to Dr. Jackson's office. From the time I walked in until the time my office visit was complete I felt relaxed and comfortable. The staff was very courteous. Dr. Jackson took the time to explain and answer any questions that I had. He was very thorough and made sure I understood in layman's term everything that was going on with my and my issues. The wait time really was less than 10 minutes. All I can say is...phenomenal service!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Okanta B Jackson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Okanta B Jackson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tallahassee, FL.