Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 11
Best Doctor I've had since I was a kid!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim - Posted on March 22nd, 2014
I am in my 60s now, and I have this strange need to actually be listened to when I am explaining my health concerns. After several years of doctors who were quick on the prescription pad, but not so good at listening, I chanced upon Dr. Halim. This was my first experience with a woman doctor, so I was prepared to feel some "strangeness" or a certain lack of comfort. None of that!!! Dr. Halim is an excellent listener, and a thoughtful and careful practitioner. I moved out of the area for over a year, and am now "back home." Today, to my most pleasant surprise, I learned that I will be welcomed back to Dr. Halim's practice! She is an excellent doctor, and I count it a privilege to have her as My Doctor.
She is very attentive to detail, asks great questions that encompass my whole being. Dr. Halim is a great dr who I respect!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim - Posted on April 5th, 2012
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abdel-Halim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Jordan
Graduated in 1996
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsPREAVA ALLOUEZ, 1821 S Webster Ave, Green Bay, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim, MD - Internal Medicine in Green Bay, WI, in this video.
Dr. Olan M Abdel-Halim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Green Bay, WI.