Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Olavio A Antao
Dr. Olavio A Antao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY, with other offices in Rochester, NY and Rochester, NY . He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Antao is affiliated with Strong Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Olavio A Antao has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Olavio A Antao has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Olavio A Antao has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Olavio A Antao is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olavio A Antao - Posted on July 16th, 2015
Dr Antao is extremely knowledgeable internal medicine doctor I have ever had. He is very concerned about each and every patient. Our family is very pleased with his ability to correctly diagnose our illnesses.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olavio A Antao - Posted on April 27th, 2012
Dr Antao is the best of the best.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olavio A Antao - Posted on June 30th, 2011
You will not find a more caring understanding physician. He has been our family doctor for over 10 years and I couldn't imagine seeing anyone else. He treats you with respect and courtesy. He listens and never fails to answer every question you have. He is a regular guy who just happens to be an exceptional doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olavio A Antao - Posted on March 10th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olavio A Antao - Posted on January 3rd, 2011
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2012)
Dr. Antao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Universidad De Navarra
Graduated in 1973
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Olavio A Antao Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Olavio A Antao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NY.