Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Olayemi O Osiyemi
Dr. Olayemi O Osiyemi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Palm Beach, FL, with another office in West Palm Beach, FL. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Osiyemi is affiliated with St Marys Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Olayemi O Osiyemi has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Clinical Research
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- HIV Infections
Showing 5 of 8
Nurse practioner talks to you for the copay you pay. The doctor walks in and just writes tests with out any checkup. Doctor does not discuss the test results with you nor advice you further course of action. If you need to discuss your results you need to take another appointment. Very disappointing experience.
Dr. Osiyemi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Jackson Health System
Dr. Olayemi O Osiyemi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Olayemi O Osiyemi in this video.
Dr. Olayemi O Osiyemi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Palm Beach, FL.