Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Olcay Batuman
Dr. Olcay Batuman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Batuman is affiliated with Brooklyn University Hospital, University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital and SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn. She speaks English.
Dr. Olcay Batuman has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Olcay Batuman has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Dr. Olcay Batuman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Batuman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brooklyn University Hospital
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn
Kings County Hospital Center
University Hospital of Brooklyn
Univ Hosp of Brooklyn-SUNY Ctr
The Brooklyn Hospital Center
41 Years Experience
Graduated in 1972
Jersey City Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions445 Lenox Rd, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Olcay Batuman in this video.
Dr. Olcay Batuman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.