Have you seen Dr. Olga M Calof?

wonderful care, unhurried. Ronald Sommere, MD

Excellent physician!

I am privileged to be a patient of Dr Calof. She is a wonderful physician who takes time to discuss all of my current health issues with me and answers all of my questions.

Are my lab results more important than how I feel?

Dr Calof is a very personable physician but as long as my labs are in the preferred range she doesn't seem to care very much about how I have been feeling. Although I have complained about my hypo symptoms for a few months she refuses to acknowledge that my labs may not be 'telling the whole story' and insists that my Synthroid dose is correct.

Dr. Calof is very personable. She spends time with her patients and is very caring. She's a good listener and returns calls promptly.

Many misdiagnosis and incompetent

First time at a type 1 diabetic and after waiting 45 exam room- This woman comes in and announces "How long have you been taking steroids?!" AFter 10 min or so of discussion- she states she based it on my thick neck appearance. Yet, she was so incompetent and clueless as a diabetic specialist- that ALL diabetic doctors told me and written up in Diabetes zines- the longer a diabetic injects insulin they do acquire "subcutaneous edema" - swelling/thickness of the skin! And my neck is very thick and I take NO steroids! I came into her office in order to start on an insulin pump. My insurance co requires an endo to write a standard letter stating I need this to maintain good BGs and health. Dr. Caloff stated "I don't write letters to insurance companies" I rephrased the request several times because the facts are my GP, gyno, and other endos in past know this is STANDARD and ROTE- and this woman doesn't care and is incompetent as any endo for a type 1 diabetic.

Dr. Olga M Calof is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Pedro, CA.