Dr. Olga Fishman Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Olga Fishman?

Posted on May 9th, 2016

After several months of suffering from an undiagnosed health condition, Dr. Fishman suggested that I possibly may have MS. When we asked if there was a possibility that I could have Lymes Disease she quickly became defensive suggesting that she doesn't believe in chasing the "lymes hype." If you like any amount of empathy do not schedule an appointment with Dr. Fishman. She then proceeded to tell me to "suck it up buttercup." One week later I received my confirmed Lymes diagnosis. Two weeks later I am feeling better! Please save yourself the misery and do not schedule an appointment with this woman.

Posted on October 25th, 2015

Amazing neurologist

UNPROFESSIONAL WITH A CAPITAL U

Posted on March 16th, 2015

This doctor is as unprofessional as they come. Very rude, no compassion, and just plain nasty. She has no business being in the medical profession. As a doctor you should be able to speak to a patient about their presenting problem and not answer those questions like you are bothering her. Crystal Run needs to do something about this doctor. Because of her I will not waste a dime seeing any other professionals at Crystal Run Health Care. She needs to take a class on Professionalism in the work place.

Caring & Compassionate Doctor

Posted on August 21st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Fishman for almost a yr now for migraines. I find her to be a very kind,caring and compassionate doctor. She took the time to over my meds and test results and she answered all the questions I had. I like the fact that if there is a problem she calls you not a nurse. Would recommend her to anyone.

Worst. Ever.

Posted on May 7th, 2014

I've seen plenty of doctors but none have been more memorable in so many ways than Dr. Fishman. As she sauntered into the room looking as if she had just rolled out of bed hungover and moody, she sat down without even a glance and began typing. I ran through what symptoms had been occurring (while being continually 'mmhmmd' and interrupted rudely). She seemed genuinely unconcerned for her patient's well-being and was resistant to do any testing and tried to pawn me off to other areas of the medical center since it seemed like just an inconvenience to her. Eventually I was able to see MUCH better neurologists who were able to come to an appropriate diagnosis and had more than a smidgen of bedside manner who treated me properly. How this woman still has a job with such a broad general consensus of terrible experiences is truly mind blowing. Unprofessional, sloppy (in practice AND appearance), and overall a failure. It makes me wonder who she married to actually get this job. Also, please make sure your fly is zippered going forward (as i see from other reviews this is an issue).

Olga Fishman, Neurologist

Posted on December 20th, 2013

I saw Dr. Fishman in the fourth quarter of 2013. Dr. Fishman was attentive at first visit and since she was quite energetic and open spoken I thought she would be a fit. She ordered quite a few MRI tests and EMG studies, all of which showed issues. But when I asked to explain them to me her answer was a flip "what do you care?" I had to press her to take the time to explain the parts that the radiology reports stated as issues. As stated by others she has an attitude that I am not unique and most people have these issues. I have a strong stance since I've worked with physicians daily for several years and don't get intimidated easily. However, I feel sorry for a patient who is timid or does not know how to speak up. Leave! Run! Don't come back! The after-visit follow up is standard for Crystal Run Health Care. It is a letter, which comes from most specialists after diagnostic radiology.

Go elsewhere

Posted on June 7th, 2013

Dr. Fishman was rude, condescending, had no bedside manner to speak of or politeness, empathy, or understanding to one's illness but instead carried the outlook that we all have health issues so just deal with it instead of supplying her medical knowledge or providing a referral to someone who possed such knowledge. She was sharp tongued with her words to my mother who simply asked questions related to my condition. Her "evaluation," which I reference losely as it was based on a conversation, was a waste of time and money. Whomever supplied her with an M.D. should revoke it to save their University the embarrassment of having Dr. Olga Fishman represent their institution.

totally unprofessional and condescending

Posted on April 20th, 2013

Dr Fishman was brought in to evaluate my mother by the hospitalist at ORMC. she was obviosly guessing about my mom and said" well, we can try a Parkinsons medication and see what happens." she never once spoke to or even looked at me or my mother and was gone as fast as she came. needless to say i called another neurologist for help. she came and saw my mom. she ordered some tests and also said " this is beyond me. i think we need to get her to Columbia Pres." within two days it was all arrainged and now i know what is really going on with my mom. i will write a very positive review of the neurologist who really did help

Dissatisfied is an understatement.

Posted on February 13th, 2013

I'll start at the beginning. At my first appointment she was nice and everything but fleeting and send me for MS treatment (5 days of intravenous corticosteroid treatments) without a diagnosis of MS or test results. She ordered a bunch of MRIs as well. I returned 2 weeks later (after the grueling treatment that made me VERY sick & had no effect on my condition). I had a 1:15 appointment & was called into the room at 3 pm. At 3:15 (after the nurse took my vitals), the doctor finally came flying in. She told me "It seems that you have MS so I want to treat it as such." Why wouldn't you want to figure out what it really is? She rushed through my questions saying that she "was in Hawaii the past week and was very backed up with patients and had no time to answer my questions." VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. She also gave me a drug list that she typed up (with spelling errors) and told me to look up the drugs and tell her what I wanted to take. Why would I do that? Isn't she the doctor who should be telling me what drugs to take? So basically she wanted a quick diagnosis and for me to figure out my own maintenance drugs on my own time (which obviously I will do regardless but I feel that she gave me zero information on these drugs). Everything was rushed and she kept repeating how busy she was with other patients. She's a neurologist, and I do not have a head cold. This is serious and she was acting as if it were no big deal and also she was saying that "maybe it's MS" so basically I should just take all these drugs that I may not even need. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. I think that she gets paid well enough to do the research herself. My one MRI indicated that I had a sinus infection and I asked her for an antibiotic and she said "I don't know what to give for a sinus infection." REALLY?! That's quite sad. Even I know. She said she would have to look it up. She did however take the 2 seconds to look it up (probably as she was hastily typing my non spell checked drug list) , and had her receptionist call in the script. She told me that I could get a 2nd opinion as well, which OBVIOUSLY I will not be returning to her and have an appointment with a much more qualified & recommended Neurologist next week. All of the questions that I was able to ask her were answered very vaguely and incompletely. Dissatisfied is an understatement.

Waste of time

Posted on August 6th, 2012

Dr Fishman blew in and out of the examination room like a tornado, all the while typing on her computer. She diagnosed my shoulder pain(wrong I might add) without doing any tests. I asked her if I needed an MRI, she said no, she sees this problem all the time. Prescribed medication that did no good. I called back about 3 weeks later to ask if she could please send me for an MRI and she said no, that I would have to go see an Orthopedist first. Huh? I did go to an Orthopedist, NOT AT CRYSTAL RUN, and sure enough, the MRI showed what the problem was.

Condescending

Posted on June 11th, 2012

I am a current patient of Dr. Fishman. I just started going to see her about 3 mos. ago. I had my first visit with her,and she entered the office with a major attitude(arms folded, rolling her eyes). I couldn't believe she behaved like this at all. Dr. Fishman has put me on a better medication, but that is all I appreciate from her. Dr. Fishman is not professional at all, and she makes very rude remarks. In conclusion, after I get my medication at the levels it needs to be, I'm done with Dr. Fishman and will find another Neurologist!

Posted on June 7th, 2011

Appearance was very sloppy, pants so tight the zipper was half undone, hair messed, not a professional appearance, very unlady like, not a sufficient examination before prescribing a dangerous drug. I did not return