Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Oliver J Biederman has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Oliver J Biederman has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
Dr. Oliver J Biederman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Biederman is a kind soul. He is sincere about his concern about my life as it affects my medical conditions. He provides his email address and voice/text cell phone number. He asks if it is ok to call or text me on my cell before he does so. He is typically available on weekends. He has attended to my urgent medical needs by text and voice on holidays too! He has vast medical knowledge and a listens very well. He provides advice and asks if I agree with his findings and opinions. We can discuss all the options openly. I know exactly where I stand and the consequences of all alternatives available to me. I always have a say in my care, and I am clear on the road we take. His interns are always well-prepared to tend to my needs, are motivated, and capable. Adding such a prestigious teaching institution as the University of California, the staff at Owen Clinic, and my doctor's bedside manner, it would be difficult to find the same level of care anywhere else.
- Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUc San Diego Medical Center, 200 W Arbor Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Oliver J Biederman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.