Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Oliver Matthews Jr
Dr. Oliver Matthews Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Russellville, AL, with other offices in Muscle Shoals, AL and Florence, AL (and 1 other location). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Matthews is affiliated with Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital, Red Bay Hospital and Russellville Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Oliver Matthews Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Matthews is a verry good Dr. And I would deffinately refer someone, but at the same time, I have been seeing him and he never told me what was wrong with me, just put me on medication. Still don't know what my condition is called, " sick sinus" or "afib" , just know if I don't take my meds I have tachacardia. Or is that my diagnosis?? Still don't know.
Dr. Matthews is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital
Red Bay Hospital
Lawrence Medical Center
Helen Keller Memorial Hospital
Helen Keller Hosp, Sheffield, Al
Heart Health Center
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Oliver Matthews Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Oliver Matthews Jr in this video.
Dr. Oliver Matthews Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Russellville, AL.