Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Olubunmi Afonja MD, BS, MBBS
Dr. Olubunmi Afonja, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Afonja is affiliated with New York Downtown Hospital, Bellevue Hospital Center and Woodhull Medical/Mental Hlth Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Olubunmi Afonja has 2 locations
Dr. Olubunmi Afonja has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Dr. Olubunmi Afonja has the following 4 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Olubunmi Afonja is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Afonja is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Downtown Hospital
Bellevue Hospital Center
Woodhull Medical/Mental Hlth Center
Lenox Hill Hospital
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Goveneur Health And Diagnostic Center, New York, Ny
Bellevue Hospital, New York, Ny
New York University Medical Center, New York, Ny
Woodhull Medical Center
Woodhull Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
23 Years Experience
University Of Ibadan
Graduated in 1990
Locations & Directions
Dr. Olubunmi Afonja is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.