Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Olufemi Y Saliu has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Olufemi Y Saliu has the following 1 expertise
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Saliu is a wonderful anesthesiologist. He is sensitive and respectful of his patients and their families. He is a man of few words, but will manage to keep his patients calm and assured. He takes the time to explain the anesthesia procedure and makes sure that patients are fully satisfied before starting the procedure. Dr Saliu is gentle and caring anesthesiologist.
The doctor was asked a simple question about the anesthesia which would be used for my husband's operation and answered. We thanked him. But he kept going and became a real smart aleck with a prolonged 'explanation'. The question was respectful but he was not. By the time he finally stopped being obnoxious and left, we were both very uncomfortable about him administering my husband's anesthetic. He gave the impression of having a lot of attitude. A simple question got a response that was very out-of-line: lengthy, obnoxious, smart alecky, and with a huge display of attitude. I don't know what his problem is but we hope never to see him again.
33 Years Experience
Obafemi Awolowo College Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Olufemi Y Saliu accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
Locations & DirectionsGood Samaritan Hospital, 1225 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Olufemi Y Saliu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.