Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu
Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu, MD, MBA, MBBS, M.Sc is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Dawodu is affiliated with Interfaith Medical Center, New York Methodist Hospital and New York Harbor Healthcare System. He speaks English.
Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 9
Dr. Dawodu is a friendly, respectful physician who doesn't beat around the bush when you want real communication about your health. It's amazing how he remembered me even after he only saw me twice and over 3 yrs had passed before seeing me again, in another medical setting. I trust him with my healthcare needs and diagnosis. He helped me get my referrals in order when I had difficulty following through on them. I've referred him to others who feel the same way. If I could change anything, it would be the very long waiting times - sometimes up to 2 hrs on a busy day, but I understand this is due to how thorough he is with his patients. He is all about assessing your needs and communication.
Dr. Dawodu believes in treating the whole person. You may have a specific complaint but he tries to understand holistically what is affecting you and how you can correct the underlying health issue which is causing your complaint. He is very caring and spends time with you as needed and once you see him you never feel as if he is rushing you. He treats the patient with courtesy and respect.
Dr.Dawodu is one of his kind. i was able to get appointment within a week, his front desk staff were excellent.Icant say ough how well i was treated by the dr himelf. he listened to my complaints, did a thorough examination, most importantly he explained to me what his treatment plans were. i really developed confidence in him. strongly recommenede
Dr. Dawodu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Interfaith Medical Center
New York Methodist Hospital
New York Harbor Healthcare System
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
Interfaith Medical Center - Brooklyn Jewish Division
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Presby Campus
27 Years Experience
University Of Ibadan
Graduated in 1986
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPinnacle Medical PC, 615 W 173rd St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu, MD, MBA, MBBS, M.Sc - Internal Medicine in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Olugbenga Dawodu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.