Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Olumuyiwa Joshua has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Olumuyiwa Joshua has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Olumuyiwa Joshua has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
Been a patient of Dr Joshua for over 5yrs. He listens, he cares, he explains and tells it like it is. It took us a few visits to warm up to each other but I could tell from the onset that he knew his area of expertise. Wouldn't trust my lungs to anyone else. My last PFT was lower than previous and he displayed genuine concern.
Doctor has been very helpful in the past. Prior rating would be a 5. But the office has been closed for two weeks with no explanation. Answering service just answers call but does not know why office is closed. No note on office window. Wife is sick so we are looking for a new doctor. Very, very disappointed in the lack of communication to patients that depend on his potential life saving expertise. I will communicate in Donald Trump's words "you are fired"
27 Years Experience
Obafemi Awolowo College Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1991
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLung Care Specialists Of Georgia, 1265 Highway 54 W Ste 500, Fayetteville, GA
Dr. Olumuyiwa Joshua is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, GA.