Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oluwole S Akisanya has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
Great Doctor, good manner, terrible time manager. Not sure if this is actually the Doc or his staff but the effect is the same. Waiting over two hours after appt time is inexcusable. I assume more and more patients are scheduled in order to increase revinue but this has a terrible effect on those needing medical care. I pay my fees promptly just as expected, why can't medical providers work the same way?
Dr. Akisanya is a great doctor, he spent time with his patients. He is never in a rush, he listen to you. I live in Birmingham, and have no insurance. I haven;t had a fulltime job in 3 years. I currently working as a temp. Dr. Akisanya is very concerned about my finances. He does what he can to keep me from spending a lot of money. I was not happy with the Dr. in Birmingham so I returned to Dr. Akisanya. You may have to wait a few hours if you are a walking, but it is worth it when you find a really good Dr. that cares about his patients. I will continue to go to him for as long as I can.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Oluwole S Akisanya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Oluwole S Akisanya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gadsden, AL.