Dr. Oluyemisi O Akintunde Is this you?

3 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Oluyemisi O Akintunde?

Would not recommend this doctor!

Dr. Akintunde took over the office of Dr. Beahm and at first my husband and I were a little disappointed, but decided to give this Dr. a try since we didn't know her. Upon meeting her she seemed really nice. She interacted with my son and he seemed to like her. We didn’t see her again until his 4 year checkup and that’s when it seemed like things weren’t that great. My husband I expressed our concerns about his speech and if she could recommend a specialist to talk about his speech. My son was delayed in speech and Dr. Beahm had told us not to worry until he was 3, which by that time he did speak in small sentences, but by the time he was 4 he hadn’t had much improvement. We couldn’t carry on a back and forth conversation. She told me not to worry at all and I mentioned to her what kind of signs should we watch out for as far as ADHD. She asked me why I wanted to know and I told her that my husband had it when he was our son’s age and my nephew also has it, so I want to know what to look for. She asked me if he went to preschool and I told her he did and she asked if the teachers complained about his behavior and I told her no and she said well then I don’t know why you are asking. I found that answer to be very rude and not really in-depth of what to look for regarding ADHD. Months later we took him in to get his flu shot and she started expressing concerns about his speech. She said she didn’t understand why we haven’t mentioned his speech to her before and that she wanted him to see a specialist! By that time, I had enough and my husband and I decided it was time to switch to another pediatrician. She wasn’t in-depth with her answers, she doesn’t speak slowly enough to understand what she is saying (she has a very thick accent), and she doesn’t listen to parent’s concerns at all. Not only that, at the last visit, my son started crying when he saw her and he never has done that, even when we had to take him to the E.R. for middle of the night emergencies and a lot of nurses and doctors coming in the room. The only good thing about her office is the staff, they are extremely friendly and very professional.

Asthma

Dr. Oluyemisi O Akintunde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palestine, TX.