Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Om P Kapoor has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Om P Kapoor has the following 7 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Om P Kapoor has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
My mother was admitted to Baptist Medical Center for a severe infection. Dr. Kapoor went above and beyond to check on her and make sure she was improving. He was very caring and made us feel there was hope for her to get better. Thank you so much for taking care of our mother and Baptist Medical Center.
Out standing physician. Very professional, never in hurry, always have time to listen to your problems, supersmart, compassionate and caring. Even though I was sick for a long time but he always spent time to listen to me for any problem and even followed up after I left the hospital to make sure I was doing well. God bless Dr Kapoor and I wish every physician is like him....
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
23 Years Experience
Dayanand Medical College
Graduated in 1995
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBaptist Primary Care, 820 Prudential Dr Ste 515, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Om P Kapoor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.