Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Omar Awan MD
Dr. Omar Awan MD is a Board Certified Anesthesiologist at Memorial Hospital and is affiliated with Dr. Liliana Marcu Awan at the Medical Center of Hollywood Family, Cosmetic, and Ketamine Infusion Center. He attended Ross University from 1994 to 1998, and completed his residency at the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League program, in 2004. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine in cosmetics. Dr. Awan is the only doctor in Broward County who provides KETAMINE INFUSION THERAPY for psychiartric conditions such as, DEPRESSION, BIPOLAR DEPRESSION, OCD, PTSD, ANXIETY, and many other conditions. His many years of experience with anesthetic drugs such as ketamine makes him an expert in the usage of ketamine for the treatment of these conditions. Dr. Awan offers a 15% discount for veterans who suffer from PTSD. He also offers free treatment for a veteran quarterly. Dr. Awan speaks English, Spanish, and Hindi/Urdu. For inquiries, please email [email protected]
4050 Sheridan St Ste C
Hollywood, FL 33021
Dr. Omar Awan has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Omar Awan has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Omar Awan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Omar Awan - Posted on November 15th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Omar Awan - Posted on October 14th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Omar Awan - Posted on October 17th, 2015
Dr. Omar Awan Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Omar Awan's office for more information.
1613 NW 136th Ave Ste 200 Sunrise, FL : (800) 437-2672
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center of Hollywood Family, Cosmetic, and Ketamine Infusion Center, 4050 Sheridan St Ste C, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Omar Awan, MD - Anesthesiology in Sunrise, FL, in this video.
Dr. Omar Awan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sunrise, FL.