Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Omar A Colon Gutierrez has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve Damage
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
After consulting several physicians of different specialties, Dr. Colon was the only one that was able to diagnose my condition accurately and during my first visit with him. In fact, as soon as I had my consult he sent me directly to the hospital for an emergency surgery. It was that bad.. Dr. ColÃ³n saved my life and I will be forever grateful for that.
Dr. Colon was incredibly kind and compassionate towards me in every aspect of my care. I was released yesterday from Healthsouth Rehab Hospital in Plano and I honestly owe him so much gratitude for listening and relieving me from horrible pain that exhausted me and essentially robbed me of time with my family. I was treated for an MS exacerbation and arrived at the hospital terrified after a few days spent at Baylor Garland. Dr. Colon went directly to work to help me get stabilized and comfortable. I feel better equipped to handle my condition and more importantly, I feel I have a doctor who understood what I am experiencing and is committed to helping me as a partner in my care. I can't say enough about the experience I had that would convey my gratitude. He's truly committed to caring for the patients he treats.
My father received rehabilitation at Healthsouth Plano and we had a wonderful experience. The staff was kind and helped us find a new normal for my dad and our family. Dr Colon was wonderful and very caring and attentive to my fathers needs, We received excellent training on how to care for him and my father regained his independence. We owe so much to Healthsouth Plano and we will forever remember the true guardians that lifted us in a difficult time. We would recommend this hospital to any family that needs rehabilitation.
17 Years Experience
Ponce School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Omar A Colon Gutierrez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHealthsouth Plano Rehabilitation Hospital, 2800 W 15th St, Plano, TX
Dr. Omar A Colon Gutierrez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.