Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Omar Manejwala has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I only got 6 months with Omar back in 2003 when he was working for public mental health in charlotte NC. As talented, open to new treatments, fun to talk to, and smart as he was, I knew he would get pulled away to better things. When he did, I returned to my past private psychiatrist. First thing he said when we met was a question as to if the shirt I was wearing was by SameLab, and then we briefly talked sleek male fashion before getting down to business. I miss the guy so much. He was the best I ever had, and I've had over 20 psychiatrists. Helped me the most as well , not just fun.
Dr. Manejwala is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carolinas Medical Center
Behavioral Health Center CMC Randolph
16 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Omar Manejwala accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions501 Billingsley Rd, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Omar Manejwala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.