Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Omar M Murad has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Nodular Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Murad is Excellent, his knowledge and the time he spends with his clients to listen to their symptoms ans complains makes him stand out of the crowd. Most doctors I visited on my long standing low thyroid function where only concerned with getting me out of the door with a recommendation to go to see a therapist because the lab test was not showing a big low on TSH. Dr Murad listened to my history and prescribed Armour and I am symptom free!!! Happy and feeling healthier that ever.
This Dr did not like the payment my insurance and Medicare paid him, so he didnt post the payments to my account. He is participating with both carriers. Then he turned me over to a collection agency. He is a jerk and a crook......He charged 700.00 for one visit. DOnt see this idiot. I went to him with serious issues. He misdiagnosed me and I am still ill. Its been 7 months and I would not recommend him even as a vet for a dog
I had great experience wit Dr Murad. He was very helpful in my diabetes care. My A1C has been elevated for years, and I knew I needed insulin but I was not convinced until I visited with him. He was patient enough to show me how to ouse the insulin pen salfely and how to dose my insulin according to what I am eating. Highly reocommended.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1999
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Omar M Murad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBerkeley Endocrine Clinic, 3000 Colby St Ste 203B, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Omar M Murad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.