Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Omar N Ahmad MD
Dr. Omar N Ahmad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Neuroradiology, Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Omar N Ahmad has the following 3 specialties
Neuroradiologists focus specifically on diagnosing conditions related to the nervous system, spine, head and neck through radiology. They can identify abnormalities in these areas and help doctors properly diagnose the presence of tumors, aneurysms and even dementia.
It’s also common for them to consult with patients with persistent headaches or back pains, trauma to a certain area, or any issue that can affect brain function, such as a stroke. Like any radiologist, they are trained to perform x-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds and MRIs, but they work closely with neurologists and neurosurgeons.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Omar N Ahmad has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
17 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Omar N Ahmad Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Omar N Ahmad's office for more information.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas, TX : (214) 645-0624
More about Dr. Omar N Ahmad
Omar Ahmad Omar N. Ahmad, MD, JD, is a highly skilled neuroradiologist who specializes in creating and interpreting pictures of the nervous system, spine, head and neck. The pictures are produced using forms of radiation, such as x-rays, sound waves or other types of energy. He has special interest in MRI, CT and spine procedures. (04/10)
Locations & DirectionsUT SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Dr. Omar N Ahmad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dallas, TX.