Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Omar A Tamimi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Omar A Tamimi has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Omar A Tamimi has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 20
Horrific. If you care at all about your family, do not go here. You are a dollar sign to them and that is it. Zero care, sense of urgency and the only reason they are busy is due to their prime location, NOT their bedside manner. We should have known in the first visit, when he was more concerned with typing away on the computer than asking a single question about symptoms or otherwise.
I really like Dr Tamimi, I find him to be a knowledgable and caring physician. The office staff is a completely different story. Twice I've had to wait for tests to be approved by my insurance company due to the time it took for the office staff to get the information that was required conveyed to my insurance company. Both times I was in pain. This fact didn't really seem to matter to the office staff. I think their system of getting insurance pre-certifications taken care of is broken and for the sake of their patients needs to be fixed. Also, it's very frustrating communicating with the office about anything. You have to leave messages almost 100% of the time, even to make an appointment, and wait for a call back. If you're not available when they call back, you have to start the process all over again. What good is having a great doctor if you can't get the tests you need approved in a timely manner and can't even make an appointment without a hassle?
Dr. Tamimi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital
Dr. Omar A Tamimi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterologists Ocean County, 477 Lakehurst Rd, Toms River, NJ
Dr. Omar A Tamimi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.