Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Omar L Torres has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Omar L Torres has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Omar L Torres has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Torres is quite likable and skilled. The practice, however, is a mess, and patients are being deceived. During my visits last year, when I was a "new patient", I actually had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Torres in person. This year, after being rescheduled 3 times (which delayed my dermatological examination for more than a month), I found out that I won't be seeing the doctor himself. Unfortunately, after the initial visit or two, they literally refer to you as a "follow up" (regardless of the reason for your appointment) and pass you over to his PA. It is particularly annoying and disrespectful that when you book an appointment, receptionists make an impression that you will be seeing the doctor. Only when you directly ask them multiple times, they would admit that, in fact, you will be seeing merely a PA. This seems to be a pattern at that place. The clinic is "hoarding patients", who rarely, if ever, see the doctor. This fact is not reflected on insurance claims, obviously... You get the picture. I learned my lesson and informed them that I won't be coming back again. The receptionists were not concerned about that at all. It seems that the clinic already accumulated a good number of patients, who don't mind these kind of shady practices. Lastly, the staff's demeanor is shockingly unprofessional, self-absorbed with their personal "life stories", inattentive, and loud. If you want to be "screened" and "examined" by PAs, by all means, go to Dr. Torres' clinic. If you happen to be a person like me, who prefers to be seen by actual doctors, stay away. Take your money, time, and your insurance elsewhere...
19 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Omar L Torres accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCosmetic Surgery And Dermatology, 117 E 18th St Frnt 1, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Omar L Torres in this video.
Dr. Omar L Torres is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.