Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Omar Ali
Dr. Omar Ali, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with another office in Dearborn, MI. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology and Cardiology. Dr. Ali is affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Oakwood Annapolis Hospital and Garden City Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Omar Ali has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Ali is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Oakwood Annapolis Hospital
Garden City Hospital
Oakwood Southshore Medical Center
Oakwood Heritage Hospital
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Dr. Omar Ali accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Omar Ali is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.