Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Oral Alpan MD
Dr. Oral Alpan has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Oral Alpan has the following 13 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
Dr. Oral Alpan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Oral Alpan - Posted on May 7th, 2019
Not impressed. During the second visit he said it would be better/more convenient for me to go somewhere else for shots. Can a doctor do that? The office still appears to be using paper files and when I went for my second appointment, he didn't have all of my paperwork. Because of this, he couldnt recall much about my medical history. Some of my blood tests came back as non testable due to poor quality, and he said it didn't matter, I didn't need the blood work. SO why draw 10 vials if he didn't want the test results anyway?
office is nightmare
Self-verified patient of Dr. Oral Alpan - Posted on September 13th, 2018
multiple calls and emails to office-no response. spoke to ivan santos, billing manager-did not want to take a few minutes out of his day to look into the issue with my insurance (incorrect billing on the part of alpan's office). he stated multiple times he was going to hang up the phone and he did just that. how do ppl like this get employed or navigate thru life in general? also multiple emails to jessica joya and phone calls and no response either. same to nancy bui, who just sent email stating she was in a different part of the office...uh, so does this mean it is professional for u to simply ignore all of my concerns? Just forward the email, nancy!
Find another doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Oral Alpan - Posted on March 6th, 2018
After being recommended to Dr Alpan, I was thoroughly disappointed with staff and office practices. After testing clearly indicated I needed infusion therapy, I waited for 4 weeks with no interim immunology therapy/medicine, and office refused to answer questions or return calls. New referred Dr is providing caring and quality medical care.
Very Capable Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Oral Alpan - Posted on September 29th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Oral Alpan - Posted on April 27th, 2016
We have being seen Dr. Alpan for my daughter allergies and he is great . we are happy with his service. I have something about his front desk staff. They are the most rude people . They never say hello as you arrive to the office and if you ask a question they answer very rude. It would be so nice if he gets a friendlier staff because he is a nice doctor. If you can deal with a terrible front desk people go ahead and go to this practice. FRONT DESK STAFF ARE THE FIRST IMPRESSION OF YOUR PRACTICE SELECT THEM BETTER !!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Oral Alpan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsORAL ALPAN MD, 11212 Waples Mill Rd Ste 100, Fairfax, VA
Dr. Oral Alpan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.