Highly Dissatisfied

Dr. Gottfried was a Godsend!

Having had two previous failed back surgeries with other surgeons, I was hesitant about attempting a third but it was getting increasingly difficult to walk at times and my quality of life was going downhill fast. I decided to turn to Duke in Raleigh and found Dr. Gottfried who had experience with patients like me. He listened attentively and then explained my options clearly. He patiently answered all my questions as well as those my family asked. Noting my apprehension, He didn’t pressure me but instead said I could think everything over and if I decided to have the surgery I just had to call. The day of the surgery I again met with Dr. Gottfried who kindly reassured me that he would do his best to help me. Everything went smoothly with no complications. Well it’s been 2 1/2 months since my fusion and I am SOOO much better! During those initial days after discharge I had questions which I was able to direct to Dr. Gottfried and his staff thru the patient portal and I always got prompt answers and solutions. I am also very grateful to the compassionate and professional staff at Duke Hospital in Raleigh who provided me with excellent care. Upon discharge I received equipment to help me at home including a back brace (never got that before!) I have been truly blessed!

The absolute best doctor in his field

Dr Gottfried has been my neurosurgeon since 2012 and has performed 2 fusions on my lower spine. My first surgery in that area was done by another surgeon in 1995 and left my lower spine unstable and limited what I could do physically. I still have some common sense limitations but thanks to his knowledge and skill I am able to enjoy a much more physically active and healthier lifestyle. Also he does not rush into performing surgery but offers treatment options to try to avoid surgery. I recommend him to everyone who tells me they are experiencing back pain.

The absolute best in his field.

He has been my "spine" Doctor since 2012 I am now 75 yrs old and thanks to his knowledge and skills as a surgeon I am able to be more physically active with minimal pain than has been possible since my first lower back surgery 20+ years ago by another surgeon. He does not rush to perform surgery and suggests alternative treatments that some patients can benefit from. I recommend him very highly and would give him 10 stars if that were an option.

Great doctor!

After years of suffering, i was able to be under his care and surgery was performed. It feels good to know that he knew what tlI had and what to do unlike my previous doctors. Very grateful and appreciative 😁

Saved my son's life

after a traumatic accident, my son was left with a 18mm brain bleed, contusions, and skull fracture. He lost the ability to speak. Dr Gottfried was helpful and honest every step of the way. He gave every test possible and weighed the need for surgery minute to minute. We felt like we were in the best possible hands while in the Duke Neuro ICU. Gottfried is the reason my son can talk and is back at work fulltime with no evidence that he was ever hurt. We owe Gottfried everything for how he helped our family. We thank GOD for him and the miracle he gave to us. I would recommend Gottfried to all of my closest loved ones.

Simply the best!

I would recommend Dr. Gottfried to anyone!. I went to him not able to standup straight and in constant pain for at least three years. He took the time to listen to me then gave me the solution. It worked! He's the best!

Great

Dr. Oren N Gottfried is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.