Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Orhun H Kantarci
Dr. Orhun H Kantarci, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Kantarci is affiliated with Amery Regional Medical Center, Regions Hospital and Mayo Clinic Hospital Methodist Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Orhun H Kantarci has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Rude and arrogant; husband was not in the room at the beginning of the exam. When my husband came into the room he decided to be nicer. Ran my insurance bill up on tests then decided not to treat because it involved a car accident and didn't want to be bothered. Sadly could not advise anyone to seek medical attention from him or Mayo Clinic. The two hospitals associated with Mayo Clinic were very kind and professional..
Dr. Kantarci's staff fit us in when there was a cancellation and we needed to be seen. He sat and visited with my wife and myself to answer all the questions we had. We still have some ways to go to get a complete diagnosis but that issue is on me. From the neurology staff, the MRI staff,the ENT staff they were very professional, kind-hearted but straight-forward and direct. In my opinion Dr. K and Mayo climbs the to the top!
Dr. Kantarci is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Orhun H Kantarci accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Orhun H Kantarci is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.