Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Orlando Valdez
Dr. Orlando Valdez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Myrtle Beach, SC, with another office in Myrtle Beach, SC. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Valdez is affiliated with Primary Children+s Medical Center, Intermountain Medical Ctr and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Orlando Valdez has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
After seeing Dr. Valdez I would never ever recommenced a friend to take their kids to him. He was very condescending and rude to my husband and I. As a mom he had me in tears within minutes because of his determiner and "self righteous" attitude. He was unprofessional and was not knowledgeable about my daughter and her situation. His bedside manner was horrible!
I work very hard to be knowledgable and complete. This was a Cross cover patient over a weekend where I had 2 minutes with the father and simply asked if there were any questions as the child was a "feeder and grower" over the weekend and I had no intention of changing or disrupting the ongoing plan. I believe this statement to be unfair and unfounded!
My baby girl has had a little bit of a rough start- reflux, recurring ear problems, sleeping and growing problems, and recently, fever with seizures. I live in Springville, and normally take her to a local office, but after meeting Dr. Valdez a couple of times, I'm considering making him her primary care physician. I took her to him once when our regular place was closed, and found him to be very personable. He most recently saw her at the hospital when she had two seizures in one day. The people I met who worked there seemed to have a high opinion of him. To me he seemed very knowledgeable, down-to-earth, friendly, and above all, to really care about his job. He actually took the time to talk to me, make sure I understood, and even asked if I had any questions, instead of taking 5 seconds to slap down a diagnosis and then quickly usher me out the door like a lot of other docs seem to do. Both times I've seen him I've been very impressed, so I think the short drive out of town might be well worth it for my kids.
Thank you so much for your thoughts. This is the kind of pediatrician I strive to be every day! I may have a bad day every now and then but my goal is truly to help kids have a more comfortable path. I strive to make sure parents understand what is happening with their child and the options available. Above all... I love kids!
Dr. Valdez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Primary Children+s Medical Center
Intermountain Medical Ctr
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
Timpanogos Regional Hospital
Orem Community Hospital
24 Years Experience
Primary Childrens Medical Center
Dr. Orlando Valdez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Orlando Valdez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.