Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ornella Addonizio MD
Dr. Ornella Addonizio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redding, CA. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Ornella Addonizio has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ornella Addonizio has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
Risked my life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ornella Addonizio - Posted on November 21st, 2017
Dr. Addonizio put me on a supplement which in addition to another medication I was taking, put me at risk for blood clots. Another doctor saw my list of medications and told me that I needed to stop taking the supplement immediately.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ornella Addonizio - Posted on September 25th, 2015
Barely tried to diagnose me and just gave me whatever pharma company pays her the most, which appears to be Forest Labs. Her assistant messed up my address and number and they charged me for sending me somewhere else for a free diagnosis. I don't know why would get paid too for that, but after charging me for it they never called back.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ornella Addonizio - Posted on August 5th, 2015
30 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1988
Charles R Drew University
Dr. Ornella Addonizio Accepts the Following Insurance
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsTHOMAS JAMES ANDREWS MD INC, 2891 Churn Creek Rd Ste A, Redding, CA
Dr. Ornella Addonizio is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Redding, CA.