Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Orrin I Franko MD
Dr. Orrin I Franko has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Orrin I Franko has the following 22 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Finger Replacement Surgery (Finger Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Finger Injuries
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Hand Injuries
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Joint Replacement
- Wrist Injury
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Deformities
Showing 5 of 15
Best doctor for DeQuervain’s Disease
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orrin I Franko - Posted on November 15th, 2018
The first time I met with Dr. Franko he made me feel so comfortable. I went into his office in so much pain in my left wrist. After Dr. Franko explained my options, I had a cortisone shot in my wrist and I had immediate relief. I was pain free for over a year and just recently went back to Dr. Franko for another cortisone shot and again, I am pain free in my left wrist. I highly recommend Dr. Franko.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orrin I Franko - Posted on October 24th, 2017
Pain is gone...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orrin I Franko - Posted on July 25th, 2017
The pain in my wrist was not getting any better. The ER visit did not help. The Dr. made little effort to treat beyond x-ray (not broken) and sold me a $200 brace. Dr, Frank got to the root of the problem and offered an elegant solution: The pain is gone. Dr. Franko treated the problem appropriately and made sure I understood the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. He's a rare breed of professional mixed with personal. In short: a true physician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orrin I Franko - Posted on May 27th, 2017
Dr. Franko conducted a surgery on my left hand. I would say, the most memorizable part of the surgery is the feeling of assurance he brought to me, starting from diagnosis to operation. His thorough thinking process, acute sense of the problem, steady hand, extensive knowledge, and sense of humor, made the surgery a very confident journey. I trust him 100%.
Great Dr ad staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orrin I Franko - Posted on May 1st, 2017
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
10 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2009
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Orrin I Franko Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsEAST BAY HAND MEDICAL CENTER, 13690 E 14th St Ste 200, San Leandro, CA
Dr. Orrin I Franko is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Leandro, CA.