Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Orson A Ravenell
Dr. Orson A Ravenell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC, with another office in Columbia, SCObstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Ravenell is affiliated with Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital. Dr. Ravenell has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Orson A Ravenell has 2 locations
3 Richland Medical Park Dr Ste 270
Columbia, SC 29203
Book Online Now
Dr. Orson A Ravenell has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Orson A Ravenell has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Orson A Ravenell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orson A Ravenell - Posted on June 1st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orson A Ravenell - Posted on September 28th, 2012
Dr. Ravenell is the best doctor at this practice, in my opinion. My prenatal and postpartum care was exemplary! He takes a caring and attentive ear to even the smallest of your worries. He never talks over his patients but listens and ensures the highest quality of care. May God bless him. I hope he's still practicing when my husband and I get pregnant again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Orson A Ravenell - Posted on August 13th, 2012
Dr Ravenell is wonderful! He will spend extra time with you and go over everything and make sure your comfortable. He isn't like most docs IN and Out as fast as they canSometimes the wait can be long but it is a OB office sometimes ladies go into labor or have to be sent to the hosptial for other reasons.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2014, 2018, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ravenell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Orson A Ravenell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Orson A Ravenell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbia, SC.