Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Oscar M Aguilar
Dr. Oscar M Aguilar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Paso, TX, with another office in El Paso, TX. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Aguilar is affiliated with Las Palmas Medical Center. Dr. Aguilar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Oscar M Aguilar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I AM HAPPY TO COMMENT MY OPINION. I HAVE HAD A GOOD DOCTOR TO PATIENT RAPPORT. HE IS ON TOP OF HIS GAME. I HAVE FELT COMFORTABLE WITH HIS DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS. HE IS ATTENTIVE TO YOUR HEALTH. HIS STAFF IS ALWAYS WORKING HARD TO MEET THE PATIENTS NEEDS. HE GIVES QUALITY CARE AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE MADE SIMPLE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROGNOSIS YOU ARE TO FOLLOW. THE STAFF IS OUTSTANDING, FROM BEGINNING TO END. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF. MY WAIT TIME HAS ALWAYS BEEN MINIMAL WITH GREAT SERVICE. STAFF COMMUNICATION IS GREAT. THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. OUTSTANDING!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Aguilar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Oscar M Aguilar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Oscar M Aguilar in this video.
Dr. Oscar M Aguilar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.