Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oscar J Hines has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Oscar J Hines has the following 24 expertise
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Umbilical Hernia
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Femoral Hernia
- Common Bile Duct Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Parathyroid Gland Cancer (Parathyroid Neoplasm)
- Stomach Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Reflux Surgery (Fundoplication)
Dr. Oscar J Hines is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Hines came highly recommended but that recommendation was soon turned into disappointment... my Mom was there to see Dr. Hines for a massive hernia caused by surgeons at Centinela Hospital... when we arrived to Dr. Hines office we were caught off guard by his cold greeting and distant interaction... we greeted him an he wasn't much for our thanking him for seeing us, and said in a unfriendly manner... what are u here for...I tried to make light of the situation because my Mom was very concerned and afraid that her condition would mean she would have to have surgery, something she was terrified of because that's what placed her in this predicament she was in... surgery was something she wasn't looking forward to... I was reassured by others we had spoke with about Dr. Hines that he was the best and his bedside manner was great... Well sadly we received just the opposite of what we were expecting... As Dr. Hines spoke on the seriousness of my mom's condition, my Mom, now even more terrified tried to lighten the room by commenting on something else we had to do for the day that concerned our puppy, it made her laugh, ( something my Mom needed at that time), but the Doctor wasn't too amused and continued on with his directives on what we needed to do in moving forward with this process... Well we completed a CT SCAN which he ordered for my mom to get so he could become more familiar with my mom's hernia and to see if it was causing or creating any obstructions or strangulating her interior organs... Long story short we had the CT SCAN done and to this day we have failed to hear from the Doctor... After continuous calls to the office about the CT SCAN still nothing and the reason for my FRUSTRATION IS THAT ITS ALMOST A YEAR AGO IF NOT LONGER... All I want to say is THANK YOU DOCTOR HINES... WITH ALL OF YOUR DOCTOR OF THE YEAR AWARDS ITS THE SMALL PEOPLE WHO U DON'T TREAT RIGHT THAT GET SWEPT UNDER THE RUG AND FORGOT ABOUT IT... HAVE A GREAT YEAR!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRonald Reagan Ucla Medical Center, 757 Westwood Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Oscar J Hines in this video.
Dr. Oscar J Hines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.