Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oscar C Marroquin has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Pain
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Unstable Angina
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Shortness of Breath
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Marroquin is exactly the type of doctor you want. He is the rare combination of being extraordinarily intelligent and a fantastic communicator. Dr. Marroquin takes his time in explaining heart conditions with his patient and willingly answers all of your questions. I could not imagine a better doctor.
My son suffered severe heart problems.Dr Marriquin intervened,followed thru and followed up. He had constrictive pardicarditis, which was not found by our home town doctors. My son had open heart surgery at upmc in sept.He is doing great. We credit Doctor Marroquin for finding the problem. His bedside manner is excellant. He is a very skilled doctor.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Oscar C Marroquin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUpmc Heart And Vascular Institute, 9100 Babcock Blvd Ste 1135, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Oscar C Marroquin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.