Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oscar R Mendez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Oscar R Mendez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Oscar R Mendez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 40
I am a relatively new patient of Dr. Mendez. I Have yet to actually meet the doctor, as he is never in the office and you are always treated by a Physicians Asst. and not an actual Doctor. Although the service I got from Maria, the Physicians Asst. is great, the actual follow up from anyone in the office is HORRIBLE. Essentially the doctor has taken on way too many patients. I should have known this, when I opened the door to the waiting room the first time and saw about 20 people waiting. Overall the staff is very pleasant and courteous. However, I am not paying for just a courteous staff, I would like it if they did their jobs and actually sent you the information you request without having to wait and or call numerous times to get it. They certainly don't wait long to process your co-payment on your Debt card.. Overall good care, but horrible f/ by staff.
Referred to Dr Mendez by my GP soon after arriving in TN and looking for a replacement neurologist. He was great! He reviewed my history, medications and overalll symptoms. His professional & gentle manner made me feel comfortable even though he was a stranger to me. And, doctor recognized a problem I didn't even know I had. He made the appropriate referrals and got me the additional help I needed. Doesn't get any better than that.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mendez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Oscar R Mendez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOscar Mendez Family Practice, 2951 NW 49th Ave Ste 306, Lauderdale Lakes, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Oscar R Mendez in this video.
Dr. Oscar R Mendez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lauderdale Lakes, FL.